Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teach an old dog new tricks.


Yesterday I began cycle 2! While I am uber excited about the red meat, shellfish, and potatoes... I am so afraid the my loss will slow. I have heard that you need to bring your exercise up a notch, so that is exactly what I did! I bought "Best of Biggest Loser" on iTunes (the album is awesome), and loaded it to my iPhone. Popped in my head phones... or is it earphones?... and laced up my jogging shoes. I filled my water and began to jog. How do you do that with a 2 y/o old, and an umbrella stroller with handles that only come up to your knees, you ask? I didn't! I ran laps around my front room, through the kitchen, and back out! Each lap I met my cat, who had a mixture of looks on his face. I couldn't decide if he was calling me an idiot in kitty language, thought an invisible dog was chasing me, of I was chasing a really fast bird!

To make matters worse, since early morning my 9 y/o yellow lab had been acting super strange. She had been following me from room to room, and wouldn't leave my side. It was so unusual, I contemplated having my BFF text me every hour or so, to see if I was okay. With that said, you should have seen the look on her face! I jogged for 30 minutes, in circles. Round and round I went, with both the dog and cat in utter shock. It got even worse when I went and laid down to do sit-ups. Jada came over and started pawing at me, trying to get me off of the ground! Let's just say that maybe I should make exercise more common around this house.

In other news, I went to the grocery store to buy my cycle 2 foods. I also bought the ingredients for Dr. Mikes Power Cookie. I really hope those are as good as I spent! I am sure future batches won't be as pricey, but still. I walked around with the book in my cart, looking like a complete weirdo. To add insult to injury, I decided to stand in the meat isle, and take a picture of said book. I didn't realize how weird that looked until others stared! LOL This story reminds me of one of the FUNNIEST pranks I have ever seen. My 78 y/o father has reproduced the prank at a local grocery store! Enjoy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64aTVG5PF38

Oh, and today is my Biggest Loser weekly weigh in. Tune back tomorrow for those results!

Menu for C2D1 and down .6 lbs this morning! -

  • Lemon Water
  • Breakfast- Grits, egg beaters, 2 pcs. turkey sausage, FF cheese
  • Snack- Yogurt/keifer smoothie; 1 c. strawberries
  • Lunch- canned tuna, olive oil mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato
  • Dinner- Salmon, salad

No comments:

Post a Comment